The Maples Recreation Association has four venues for rent:
NOTE: A 3% transaction fee will be added to all payments made by debit or credit card.
Cancellation Policy: The MRAI policy for cancellation is 60 days notice prior to the rental date. The deposit is refunded, less $50 for the reservation. Cancellations less than 60 days notice may be subject to no deposit refund.
Facility Rental Regulations & Policies
updated July 2023
or Rental of our Social/Wedding hall is coordinated by our Office Manager at [email protected].
Rates are fixed and are not negotiable.
The renter WILL BE charged an additional amount if you go on our fields, diamonds, pitches, or ice prior to or after your allotted time.
Our deadline for cancelling any ice or rink without ice rental agreement is 10 days. The renter will be responsible for all bookings not cancelled by the set deadline. It is the renter’s responsibility to find someone else to utilize the scheduled time slot. We will still invoice the initial renter for the rent. If possible, please let us know who is taking your spot.
All cancellations must be done in writing by e-mail (thema[email protected]) at least 10 days prior to the scheduled booking.
The renters should keep a copy of their contracts with them when using the facility. If a double booking occurs the following rules apply in priority sequence:
- Contract ice will take precedence over non-contract ice.
- League games will take precedence over practices and non-league games.
- If two groups show up for the same time slot, the group on the schedule will get the allotted time.
Please note that league playoffs and tournament games may play longer than their allotted time. If this occur, your time slot may be pushed back slightly in order to accommodate the games. This is not the case for regular season league games.
Any concerns will not be dealt with in the evening or on weekends. The General Manager can be contacted on weekdays (at the time of agreement TBC, contact the Office Manager).
Renters may enter the dressing rooms 45 minutes prior to their allocated time slot and must vacate the dressing rooms 30 minutes after the end of the allocated time.
Payments for facility rentals
Payment for ice, rink without ice, meeting rooms and ball diamonds are to be made to either the Office Manager or the General Manager by mail or in person. Payments should be made in advance of the utilization.
Payment for the hall is done though our Office Manager or General Manager.
Only the General Manager and the Office Manager will process payments. Arena Attendants will not take any cash or cheques from renters.
Methods of payment can be by cheque (mail or in person), Visa, MasterCard, Debit or cash (in person only). A 3% transaction fee will be added at the time of payment.
New “Casual Renters” will be required to provide MRAI with payment at the time of booking. Existing Casual Renters in good standing must pay in full by the 15th of the following month. Please note that under this policy all Teams or SOMHA Teams are included.
Once default has occurred, all allocated rentals will be pulled at the discretion of the MAPLES RECREATION ASSOCIATION INC. and sold to other parties. Any further bookings for the party involved will then be considered only on a prepaid basis.
Any vehicle parked in fire lanes, staff parking, handicapped parking, in front of doors, in the back of the arena or any other restricted area will be towed at the owner’s expense, regardless of who owns the vehicle.
Must have a tournament area fully attended during all hours of the tournament. It is the organizer’s responsibility to provide game sheets, tournament information, organize 50/50 draws, etc.
Tournament organizers must book one extra hour minimum of ice/pitch per day to cover any presentations or possible overtime. It is also a good idea to book additional time for playoffs and finals so as not to inconvenience others who may have the facility booked after tournament time slots.
All tournament organizers must abide by all MRAI facility regulations and policies.
Tournament organizers are responsible for the following:
- The general behaviour of players, coaches, and spectators
- The tournament area must be left in the same condition it was provided, e.g., all boxes must be taken to the recycling bin, tables wiped, and the garbage removed.
- Ensure that coaches supervise players while in change rooms to make sure the dressing rooms and showers are to be left in a tidy condition, e.g., tape and drinks are to be placed in garbage cans, showers are turned off and that players refrain from spitting.
- All dressing room keys are to be left in their respective dressing room after use by all teams.
- Ensure that all participants in the tournament utilize only the area, which they have rented. For example, if you have rented the facility for a hockey tournament the outdoor fields area off limits.
- Ensure that parents and spectators do not go on the ice.
- Ensure that all participants wear all the proper safety equipment as regulated by that sport.
Using some common-sense approaches to handling drills during practices, tryouts and games can prevent poor ice conditions and the general appearance of the arenas. Therefore, we are asking that coaches and trainers adhere to the following during practices, tryouts, and games:
- Move nets around during practices preferably to corners and away from the creases. Goal creases get particularly chewed up during practices and tryouts.
- Move pylons frequently (every second pass).
- Do not use ice or rink boards to demonstrate drills. For example, drawing on them with markers is not permitted.
- Advise goalies not to kick holes in the crease areas.
- Have meetings in dressing rooms when horn goes, not on the ice. Staying on the ice reduces adequate time for flooding the ice.
It is the responsibility of the officials to ensure that the games start on time.
At the end of each game the arena attendant will look at the clock in the rink and check how much time is left in the game and how much time is left in the 1-hour slot. They will indicate to the referee to cut the clock.
Leave dressing rooms in a clean condition.
Rolls of tape, tape balls, excessive toilet paper and paper towels should NOT be left in toilets, urinals, or sinks.
No spitting on floors or plexiglass.
Vandalism will not be tolerated. Any act of vandalism detected by our staff will result in the users losing the privilege of using the MRAI facility. Users will also be required to compensate for all damage caused.
An Executive and a Board of Directors govern MRAI. They are responsible for the overall operation of the MRAI. However, the General Manager under the direction of the President and Vice President Administration has been delegated the responsibility for the day-to-day operations.
The following should be noted:
- The President and VP-Administration will provide direction to the General Manager and from time to time, when necessary, directly to staff.
- Individually board members cannot make decisions and/or give direction to staff that affect the day-to-day operation of MRAI.
- The General Manager is responsible to ensure that all users abide by all the regulations and policies set by MRAI.
- Employees of MRAI have delegated tasks and responsibilities to be carried out.
- Referees and officials are in charge of the play, not the facility.
Due to the nature of the facility and the services offered and the high usage rate on evenings and weekends the following applies:
- Arena attendants are the Building and Grounds Supervisors when the General Manager or Operations Manager or Office Manager are not present. Their decisions on issues arising around MRAI facilities are final (This includes all indoor and outdoor fields, rinks, meeting areas, storage areas, social areas and building).
- Renters, officials, volunteers, spectators do not make decisions regarding the operation of MRAI and must not interfere with decisions made by MRAI staff in charge at the time.
If you have concerns with any of the decisions made, please contact the General Manager either by phone, by e-mail at [email protected] or by mail at MAPLES RECREATION ASSOCIATION INC. Inc., 434 Adsum Dr, Winnipeg, Manitoba R2P 1J1.
MRAI has a fair play policy for all users. This includes players, coaches, officials, parents, and spectators. Please refer to the Fair Play Policy.
If you require additional information, please contact the General Manager or Office Manager.
It is the goal of the MAPLES RECREATION ASSOCIATION INC. (MRAI) to provide a clean and safe environment for all its users to enjoy. In order to achieve this goal, cooperation from all facility renters and users is required.
To ensure safety and proper operation it is imperative that all users are aware of the regulations and policies at MRAI both on and off the area of play.