2012 Mini-Soccer Jamboree Photographs
Saturday June 23, 2012
A photo gallery of the 2012 event may be found here.
* * *
2014 Convenor's Message
Welcome to the Maples Mini Soccer Program. My name is Brian Johnson and I have been the conveynor for this program since 2011.
I am sure that you and your family are just as excited as I am to start enjoying the spring weather and becoming more active in the community programs available.
The Maples Mini Soccer Program is an outdoor soccer program which uses several different fields and community locations from Monday to Thursday evenings.
When can we play soccer?
Once the fields are thawed, dried, and groomed for the season. This all depends on the weather. Once the fields are approved, the same shedule as last year will remain. The 3, 4, and 5 year-olds play on Monday and Wednesday evenings from 6:30 - 7:30 PM at their designated field. The 6, 7, and 8 year-olds play from 6:30 - 7:30 PM on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at their designated field.
The fields do not have snow on them, why are we still not playing?
As a safety precaution, we are not able to play on a field that is still recovering from the longest Spring thaw in recent years. The ground must be considerably dry so that the players do not fall and get injured.
|Why did my child's team fold and what can I do now?
During the pre-season, the teams are assembled and organized. All parents are asked if they could coach and given the opportunity. In the event that no parent/guardian coach for a specific team can be confirmed, the team will be folded and the payment will be issued back to the families of the team. You will need to go to the Maples Community Centre and fill out a request for a refund.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or during the evenings at 204-282-3411. You can also reach the community club at 204-953-1190.
* * *
The Maples Recreation Association Inc. presents a NEW in-house soccer program for children aged 3 to 8 years old.
EVERYONE IS WELCOME!
Our program is entirely volunteer run and is oriented to encourage FUN and FRIENDLY interactions by all, having placed the emphasis of producing soccer skills as a secondary goal.
The 1st Kicks Soccer Program Features:
- Respond to the unclaimed Mini-Soccer chairperson position;
- Respond to a failing participation in soccer;
- Cooperative venture with willing Community Centres;
- In-house, reduced commuting to games;
- Open catchments registration – Everyone Welcome!
- No closed roster and co-ed teams – ‘Everyone Plays’;
- New 3 & 4 year old age group;
- Non-competitive – no referees for 7 & 8 year old groups;
- Rebuild the grass root volunteer base;
- Affordable and cost efficient programming for all;
- Responsive and accountable to MRAI Board/Parents;
- Emphasis on FUN and FRIENDLY interactions by all;
- Introduce a FUNFEST community wind-up;
- Greater community spirit and improved quality of life;
- Fulfill the MRAI motto: “Making Memories That Will Last a Lifetime”
Fees are Announced at Registrations
Motion and Approved by the MRAI Board of Directors 2009-02-23:
To adopt the “In-house” 1st Kicks Soccer Program for our Mini-Soccer program in cooperation with other willing Community Centres for the 2009 season.
In Partnership with:
Vince Leah Recreation Centre @ 1295 Salter Street
OUR PROGRAM is in the compliance with the spirit of the U10 Game as directed by the Canadian Soccer Association www.soccercanada.com.
PREVIOUS PAGE | HOME