Maples Basketball General Information
The WMBA’s main program offered is its Community Club Basketball League (a.k.a. Club Basketball). The Fall league is open to boys and girls ages 5-18 and the Spring league to ages 8-18. There are no ‘tryouts’ for club basketball as we make as many teams in the area based on the number of players who register.
We offer both a Fall / Winter league which runs October through March and a Spring League from April to June. Registration for each run is in September and March respectively at our participating community centres in the greater Winnipeg area. The Club league holds its games weekends (traditionally teams ages 11 and under play Saturdays and ages 12+ run Sunday afternoons) along with one practice during the weeknights.
Goals and Mission of the Maples / WMBA program include:
- To provide a volunteer based basketball league in The Maples for youth to participate in.
- To foster and encourage personal & athletic growth, education and development of all players, coaches and officials who participate in our program.
- To encourage equal participation and strong values of basketball, such as teamwork and fair play within our community.
- To encourage and promote volunteer involvement in basketball.
- To define, develop and uphold the rules & regulations of basketball as adopted by the WMBA and ensure that participants in our community follow the rules, regulations and procedures as presented by the General Council of Winnipeg Community Centres.